We rely almost entirely on voluntary donations and membership subscriptions to generate our income. Here is a summary explanation of What we spend your money on.
We need your help to raise much needed funds for our programmes. There are a number of ways you can do this as follows:
- Become a MEMBER of DSi, which will not only help us out with much needed funds (if a subscription is required), but will also make our global voice louder;
- Make a DONATION and if you are a UK taxpayer, make sure you complete a GIFT AID declaration which increases the value of your donation at no extra cost to you;
- Take part in or organise your own fundraising EVENT - pick a challenge for yourself and seek sponsorship for it. We can provide advice and support;
- Ask if your COMPANY has a charitable fund which could benefit DSi. If you work for a multi-national there may be good synergy with our work. Also sign up for your company’s PAYROLL GIVING scheme (UK only);
- Donate your GOODS or SERVICES. If you are a professional you could do some pro bono work for us. Or if you have goods to donate for an event or sell on EBAY FOR CHARITY (UK) then please let us know. You can donate anything from 10%-100% of the proceeds to us and you can save on eBay fees;
- Tell us if you know someone who is involved with a charitable TRUST or FOUNDATION that we could apply to;
- Leave us a LEGACY (UK) and make a lasting and long term difference to the lives of people with Down syndrome.